Located on the eastern coast of the Province of Chubut, Puerto Madryn overlooks the blue waters of the Golfo Nuevo, where wind is music and silence accompanies the language of birds.
At present, the population is approximately of 50.000 inhabitants. The urban area is surrounded by hills and dunes. Its long coast boulevard, its wide paved streets, and its beautiful avenue turn Puerto Madryn into a modern progressive city.During the day, the visitor will feel obliged to walk along the coast avenue to observe the facilities of the port and the serene waters of the gulf.The transparency of the calm deep waters and its varied fauna make it an ideal place for subaquatic sports fans, among them lovers of scuba diving. Because of that Puerto Madryn is considered the Argentine capital of subaquatic activities.
- Excursions to see the whales, penguins, sea lions, and sea elephants...and killer whales if you get lucky!
- Enjoy the beautiful beaches
- Peninsula Valdes
- Scuba Diving in the Gulf
- One beach day at Pardelas
- Have a famous and delicious "Welsh Tea" (Tea + scons + pies + toasts + welsh cake) in Gaiman
- It is the ideal place to practice various kinds of fishing all year round
- The castle on the hill, the historical Pujol chalet houses the city Oceanographic and Natural Sciences Museum
- The Ecocentro Puerto Madryn is a site to know, perceive and enjoy the natural scenery generated next to the sea